Digital Profession snapshot 2020 to 2022 (accessible text version)
Lifting the digital capability of the APS workforce to transform government services and build a government fit for the digital age.
Introduction by Randall Brugeaud, Head of the Digital Profession
Since we started the Digital Profession in April 2020, we have made great strides in uplifting digital capability of the APS to help deliver better outcomes for all Australians.
Key achievements include:
- growing to more than 7,600 Digital Profession members, providing opportunities to connect, share experience and build capability though the member community
- developing the APS Career Pathfinder tool, in collaboration with government agencies so people can assess their own skills and workforce managers can search for talent based on skills required, mapped against over 180 digital roles
- growing digital entry level programs placements by 304% and 1,650 applications for 2023, providing a pipeline of talent into the APS
- establishing a network of over 250 digital leaders across the APS, along with a process to support the recruitment of senior digital leaders
- piloting short-term APS mobility opportunities or micro-assignments, now built into the APSJobs website to support 260 APS mobility opportunities from 70 agencies since August 2022
- establishing industry partnerships to deliver targeted programs and facilitate development opportunities, particularly in identified critical disciplines.
I encourage all government digital professionals to sign up to the community to connect, share and learn.
I thank our partner agencies for their collaboration and look forward to continuing to support them to uplift the in-house capability of the APS to help us become a model employer.
A growing digital community
- More than 7,600 Digital Profession members.
- 250 members of the Digital Leaders community.
Supporting digital pathways
- Career Pathfinder: helping people explore digital career pathways in the APS.
- 180 digital roles mapped.
- 304% growth in digital emerging talent placements.
- 300 women in digital program participants.
Events and training
- Over 75 training and events delivered.
- 74% member event satisfaction rate.
A quote by a member:
‘The Digital Profession community is my go-to if I have a question, want to explore a new way of doing things, or want to find out how something has worked successfully in the past’.