Applications for the 2023 ADF Cyber Gap Program are now closed.
At this stage we are undertaking a major review of the structure and delivery of the Program and are unable to answer specifics regarding its future make-up, inclusions, and eligibility requirements. We would advise you to continue your interest in the ADF, cyber security, and cyber warfare, and to monitor Defence social media for news on the Program for 2024 and beyond.
We would also encourage you to take advantage of the following opportunities:
About the ADF Cyber Gap Program: 2020 - 2023
The ADF Cyber Gap Program (ADFCGP) started in 2020 as part of a cyber-resilience and workforce package to bolster the nation’s sovereign cyber workforce capability. Defence has been delivering the ADF Cyber Gap Program in partnership with Digital Profession, Cybermerc, and the Australian Computer Society, and by the end of 2023 over 800 students will have successfully participated.
The ADFCGP has been a 12-month online program designed to enhance participants’ skills and employability in the cyber security field. Participants work towards any eligible qualification ranging from a Certificate III to a Master’s Degree, either full time or part time, and have been eligible for the following benefits:
- financial support
- course fee reimbursement (upon proof of successful completion) up to $15,000
- academic allowance totalling $2,500 (over two semesters)
- textbooks and stationery costs of $600
- mentoring from ADF cyber specialists (ADF Reservists)
- access to online cyber skills modules and cyber skills challenges
- exposure to cyber activities and experiences during the week-long ADFCGP Cyber Conference held in Canberra
- professional membership to the Australian Computer Society, and
- information on careers within the ADF, Defence APS, Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) and other Government agencies.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the ADF Cyber Gap Program you can email email@example.com.
For further information regarding cyber careers with the ADF please visit www.defencejobs.gov.au.