Develop your career and connect with EL1 women in digital.
The Digital Profession and Accenture’s online Coaching for Women in Digital program focuses on group coaching to help you develop leadership skills in digital related roles within the public sector.
Currently, women only make up 30 percent of professionals in IT related fields. We want this group to grow, by providing support and development to help them transition into more senior digital roles in the Australian Public Service (APS).
The program will help you to:
- Reflect on your strengths, values, self-limiting beliefs, leadership, and career
- Connect with coaches and peers across government to share experiences and build your network
- Grow by dedicating time to your development and taking it forward by applying your learnings in a supported context.
The program is 100% online, so you can take part no matter where you are or what life demands you have. Participants also have the opportunity to attend different session times during the program. So if your schedule changes, we can accommodate your needs and keep you on track.
Eligibility for application
Applications are open to:
- EL1 or a high performing APS6 (pending agency support) female, female-identifying or non-binary people in a digital role
- past participants of this program
- APS employees across Australia.
Digital roles aren’t limited to ‘traditional’ or technical IT disciplines. Your digital role can include (but is not limited to):
- managing a digital team
- specialist digital roles in user research, content design and service design.
You don’t need to have technical digital knowledge to apply, and this program focuses on leadership rather than technical training. You are welcome to contact us to discuss your eligibility.
The Coaching for Women in Digital program involves:
- 7x2-hour online group coaching sessions, where you connect with your small group, learn and practice leadership development skills, and share your experiences in a safe space
- 2 online events, which includes a program kick-off and a program celebration
- access to an exclusive community group which hosts a range of resources, session content, articles, videos and more.
The community and resources will help you apply your learnings from the program, sustain behaviour change and actively take techniques back to your agency.
You also have the option to engage in:
- regular ‘hot topic’ sessions with industry leaders sharing their guidance and experiences on relevant topics
- additional coaching drop-in sessions to further explore and discuss topics covered in smaller groups.
This program has been designed to support flexible working arrangements and meet your accessibility needs. The program is delivered via Zoom and the average monthly time commitment is 3 hours.
This program is centred on strengths-based development and progresses through three main areas of focus.
- Session 1: Discovering your strengths (including strengths assessment)
- Session 2: Applying your strengths
- Session 3: What gets in the way
- Session 4: Your leadership style
- Session 5: Leading others
- Session 6: Personal brand
- Session 7: Career navigation
The program runs from September through to the August. Breaks occur over December, January and in April.
Cost of the program
The program costs $7,050 (excluding GST) per person. Your agency pays the cost of the program.
Talk to your delegate or manager and get their approval before you apply for the 2023–24 program.
Program benefits for you
- 12-month online course with dedicated group coaching.
- Opportunity to self-determine your experience based on personal objectives or goals (informed by Delegate or Manager - agency input where possible).
- Access to an exclusive community group, with resources, thought leadership, and more to help make behaviour change stick.
- Connection with cohort of peers across whole of government.
- Ongoing alumni network for peer support and collaboration.
- Human-centred and flexible experience.
Program benefits for your agency
- A targeted self-driven program, with active reinforcement and application of learning in day-to-day roles across more than 24 months.
- Attraction and retention of high performing women in digital-related roles.
- Enhanced support network for your people through the whole of government connection and ongoing alumni network.
- Differentiated development and a bespoke program for each participant.
- More purposeful career direction and development for participants.
The program has transformed the way I approach my career. It has changed the way I problem solve, increased my confidence and opened new doors. Would highly recommend it to others.
This course has opened my eyes to things that I "thought" were there. I have been more confident to make some hard career decisions. I have never looked back!
This is a fantastic course... It is really helping me set myself up for success in many areas of my life.
This program forces me (in a positive way) to focus on my developmental growth - something that I would not normally prioritise due to the busy nature of my work.
Find out more about Coaching for Women in Digital Program
If you have any questions or want to nominate one or more of your staff for the program please email email@example.com.
An initiative of the Digital Profession
The Coaching for Women in Digital program is part of the Digital Profession’s group of initiatives to lift the digital capability of the APS. The Digital Profession aims to improve the digital expertise of individuals and organisations to build a digital ready workforce.
The Digital Profession recognises the importance of developing leaders in the digital field. This will help foster a culture of innovation and change needed for digital transformation in government. By making sure we have diversity in our leadership, we will help deliver better and more inclusive government services to Australians.
We invite you to join the Digital Profession membership – help create a government fit for the digital future. Find out more and register for the Digital Profession.