Develop your career and connect with APS EL1 women in digital.
Applications for the next Coaching for Women in Digital program are now open until 9 August 2021.
The Digital Profession and Accenture’s online program focuses on coaching to help you develop leadership skills in digital related roles within the public sector.
Currently, women only make up 30 percent of professionals in IT related fields. We want this group to grow, by providing support and development for transitioning into more senior digital roles in the Australian Public Service (APS).
The program will help you to:
- Reflect on your strengths, values, self-limiting beliefs, leadership, and career
- Connect with coaches and peers across government to share experiences and build your network
- Grow by dedicating time to your development and taking it forward by applying your learnings in a supported context.
The program is online, with optional face-to-face opportunities. You can take part no matter where you are or what life demands you have.
Eligibility for application
Applications are open to:
- EL1 or a high performing APS6 (pending agency support) female, female-identifying or non-binary people in a digital role
- past participants of this program
- APS employees across Australia.
Digital roles aren’t limited to ‘traditional’ or technical IT disciplines. Your digital role can include (but is not limited to):
- managing a digital team
- specialist digital roles in user research, content design and service design.
You don’t need to have technical digital knowledge to apply, and this program focuses on leadership rather than technical training. Learn about the wide range of roles we consider digital.
The program involves:
- 7x 2-hour online group coaching sessions, where you connect with your small group, learn and practice leadership development skills, and share your experiences in a safe space
- 2 online events, which includes a program kick-off and a program celebration
- 24-months’ access to a digital learning platform, with access to a range of resources, session content, articles, videos and more to help you apply your learnings from the program, sustain behaviour change and actively take techniques back to your Agency.
You also have the option to engage in:
- regular ‘hot topic’ sessions with industry leaders sharing their guidance and experiences on relevant topics
- additional coaching drop-in sessions to further explore and discuss topics covered in smaller groups.
This program has been designed to support flexible working arrangements and meet your accessibility needs. The program is delivered via Zoom and the average monthly time commitment is 3 hours.
This program is centred on strengths-based development and progresses through three main areas of focus.
- Session 1: Discovering your strengths (including strengths assessment)
- Session 2: Applying your strengths
- Session 3: What gets in the way
- Session 4: Your leadership style
- Session 5: Leading others
- Session 6: Brand and networking
- Session 7: Career navigation
The program starts in early September 2021 and runs through to the end of August 2022. Breaks occur over December and January and in April.
Cost of the program
The 2021–22 program costs $7,000 (excluding GST) per person. The program costs are paid by your agency.
Talk to your delegate/manager and get their approval before you apply for the program.
Program benefits for you
- 12-month online course with dedicated group coaching.
- Opportunity to self-determine your experience based on personal objectives/goals (informed by Delegate/Manager and Agency input where possible).
- 24-month access to the digital learning platform, with resources, thought leadership, and more to help make behaviour change stick.
- Connection with cohort of peers across whole of government.
- Ongoing alumni network for peer support and collaboration.
- Human-centred and flexible experience.
- Optional face-to-face opportunities to connect with participants.
Program benefits for your agency
- A targeted self-driven program, with active reinforcement and application of learning in day-to-day roles across more than 24 months.
- Attraction and retention of high performing women in digital-related roles.
- Enhanced support network for your people through the whole of government connection and ongoing alumni network.
- Differentiated development and a bespoke program for each participant.
- More purposeful career direction and development for participants.
The program has transformed the way I approach my career. It has changed the way I problem solve, increased my confidence and opened new doors. Would highly recommend it to others.
This course has opened my eyes to things that I "thought" were there. I have been more confident to make some hard career decisions. I have never looked back!
This is a fantastic course...It is really helping me set myself up for success in many areas of my life.
This program forces me (in a positive way) to focus on my developmental growth - something that I would not normally prioritise due to the busy nature of my work.
Find out more about Coaching for Women in Digital
Join us for a free online information session on Thursday 22 July 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM, where we’ll tell you all about the program and answer any questions.
If you have any questions or want to nominate one or more of your staff for the program please email email@example.com.
An initiative of the Digital Profession
The Coaching for Women in Digital program is part of the Digital Profession’s group of initiatives to lift the digital capability of the APS. The Digital Profession aims to improve the digital expertise of individuals and organisations to build a digital ready workforce.
The Digital Profession recognises the importance of developing leaders in the digital field. This will help foster a culture of innovation and change needed for digital transformation in government. By making sure we have diversity in our leadership, we will help deliver better and more inclusive government services to Australians.
We invite you to join the Digital Profession membership – help create a government fit for the digital future. Find out more and register for the Digital Profession.