Add your content strategy outputs into this template so that you keep everyone aligned and focused.
Download the template and use it at each phase of your content strategy.
Content strategy template (PPTX, 390KB)
When to use this template
A content strategy is a critical step at the beginning of any new project that involves content. It happens before the content is created and continues on when the content is live.
Use this template to help create a content strategy for:
- new services
- new applications
- new websites
- website redesigns
This template can also be used to create a content strategy to improve existing content, for example:
- when adding new information to a website
- for machinery-of-government changes
- when migrating content to a new system
How to use this template
Make sure you put all the outputs of your content strategy into the template. Our content strategy guidance is designed to help you do this.
Some other rules to follow are:
- Start it at the beginning of a project.
- Rebrand it.
- Use it as a working document, adding information as it becomes available.
- Summarise information and link to source material, rather than duplicate.
- Amend it to work in your context — it’s not one size fits all.
- Keep it up to date.
- Share it regularly so that everyone is on the same page.