As a Practitioner, you will have an account on our Members' Community Platform (MCP).
Practitioners can use the MCP to manage their membership and explore what’s on offer.
- Create a profile about your skills and expertise for others to see.
- Get recognition of your expertise through our digital badging system.
- Explore our communities of practice – or create one, to share, learn and work together.
- Get members-only access and discounts to Digital Profession events, online content and professional development programs.
- Get access to a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) point program - earn points for upskilling and participating.
- Get limited access to oneAPS Opportunities for career mobility.
- Receive the Digital Profession newsletter on updates and opportunities.
- Be involved in co-designing the Digital Profession.
- Experience in a digital role or digital ways of working.
- Ongoing and non-ongoing employee of an APS, Commonwealth, state or local government agency.
- Willing to complete a short skills self-assessment, which will help you create your member profile.
Practitioner membership is free. We will advise of any changes to membership costs. Joining during the complimentary period does not financially commit you to anything.
How to join
- Complete the application form.
- Once approved, your account will be created on our members' community platform.
- Within 14 days, complete and submit your skills self-assessment.
More information will be provided to guide you during each part of the process.
State and Local Government employees.
There are 8 broad employers for you to choose from when signing up, VIC Government, NSW Government, ACT Government, TAS Government, WA Government, SA Government, QLD Government and NT Government. Please use your work email address when signing up, then select the state you work for, rather than your specific agency.