We've released the Digital Profession's new website, Member Community Platform, and updated membership offering.
About the Digital Profession
The Digital Profession aims to lift the digital capability of the Australian Public Service (APS) to:
- transform government services
- build a government fit for the digital age.
We will work together with our members, agencies and industry to improve the digital expertise of individuals and organisations and build a digital ready workforce.
For more information on the Digital Profession and the Digital Professional Stream Strategy, head to our about pages.
Head of the Digital Profession
Randall Brugeaud is the CEO of the Digital Transformation Agency and the first Head of the Digital Profession. He will work closely with our members, the Digital Profession team and government agencies to continue building the digital capabilities of government.
We have more information on the Head of Profession here.
We have 2 membership types available:
Associate membership is a simple way into the Digital Profession – great if you’re exploring what’s on offer, or if you don’t qualify for Practitioner membership.
Practitioner membership gives you an account on our Members' Community Platform. You'll need to complete the registration form, and a self-assessment of your digital skills.
You can join the Digital Profession here.
Members' Community Platform
If you are a Practitioner, our Members' Community Platform (MCP) is your gateway to the Digital Profession.
- Create a profile about your skills and expertise for others to see.
- Get recognition of your expertise through our digital badging system.
- Explore our communities of practice and share, learn and work together.
- Get members-only access and discounts to Digital Profession events, online content and professional development programs.
- Get access to a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) point program and earn points for upskilling and participating.
- Get limited access to oneAPS Opportunities for career mobility.
- Receive the Digital Profession newsletter on updates and opportunities.
- Be involved in co-designing the Digital Profession.
About this website
This website is a public source of information for members and non-members. It's a way for the Digital Profession to communicate with you and provide the latest news, events, and thought leadership from and for members.
We've developed the site based on user research and testing. We've released the site as a Beta product, and we'll keep updating it to reflect the needs of our users and members.