Find opportunities to work across government, collaborate and share crucial digital talent on projects.
oneAPS Opportunities is a pilot program to test a new approach to government resourcing. This program aims to simplify the process of finding and deploying digital professionals to agencies or teams across the APS.
These placements are short – from one day or a few weeks. The program aims to help digital professionals acquire new digital skills and bring them back to their team.
Participants remain linked to their home teams or agencies during their placement.
The oneAPS process
- Managers from teams or agencies post requests (or ‘opportunities’).
- APS digital professionals apply for opportunities.
These forms of placements are supported as ‘Informal Arrangements’ in the APS Mobility Framework
The benefits of oneAPS
For leaders and managers
As a leader you will:
- create opportunities and tap into the APS-wide digital talent and expertise
- support your staff to broaden their skills and experiences
- raise the digital capability of your team when team members return
- contribute to the vision of one APS working together on government priorities.
For digital professionals
As a digital professional, you will:
- connect with other professionals across the APS
- use your talent on short-term, meaningful opportunities
- advance your career by building and deepening your skills and expertise.
To find out more, visit oneAPS Opportunities